Bibliography SCIENCE & TECH

10 most dangerous poisonous mushrooms in the world

If you eat some poisonous mushrooms such as angel wings mushroom or skull hat mushroom, people will damage the liver, kidneys, nervous system, leading to death.

Top extremely poisonous mushrooms in the world

  1. Fly Agaric (Fly Agaric)
  2. Mushroom angel wings
  3. Mushroom Deadly Dapperling
  4. Mushroom Podostroma Cornu-damae
  5. Conocybe Filaris
  6. Mushroom Webcap
  7. Autumn mushroom cap
  8. False Morel Mushroom
  9. The mushroom angel of destruction
  10. Death hat mushroom

Number 1. Fly Agaric, scientific name Amanita muscaria, looks like the mushroom in fairy tales, with red mushroom cap, white spots. Humans and animals accidentally ingest this fungus will be poisoned and possibly fatal.

The main toxic agents in the scatter fungus are muscimol and ibotenic acid. The above toxins affect the central nervous system, causing irritation, nausea, drowsiness, hallucinations.

Number 2. Mushroom angel wings

Angel Wing, the scientific name Pleurocybella porrigens, usually grows in the northern hemisphere. There was a time when angel wings mushrooms were considered food, but this changed in 2004, when nearly 60 Japanese people were poisoned from eating them, of which 17 died within 6 weeks. .

Scientists are currently unable to determine all the toxins of the angel wings mushroom. An amino acid in the fungus kills animal brain cells when conducting experiments. It is likely that the fungus also contains high concentrations of cyanide.

Number 3. Mushroom Deadly Dapperling
Deadly Dapperling, a member of the Lepiota family, usually grows in pine forests in Europe and North America. This fungus contains amatoxin, a toxin that causes 80-90% of all deaths from mycotoxicosis.

The mortality rate of ingestion of amatoxin is up to 50% if not treated, and 10% with prompt treatment. Early symptoms included abdominal pain and gastrointestinal disturbances, followed by liver failure leading to death.

Number 4. Mushroom Podostroma Cornu-damae
Podostroma Cornu-damae is shaped like a human hand. The main toxin in this fungus is trichothecene mycotoxin, a compound that causes unpleasant symptoms and can lead to death after a few days.

The poison affects all parts of the body, but mainly the liver, kidneys, and brain, depleting blood cells, causing the victim to peel skin, hair loss like radiation poisoning or leukemia. bridge.

Number 5. Conocybe Filaris.
Conocybe Filaris usually grows on lawns and is native to the Pacific region, the northwestern United States. This fungus contains amatoxin which is especially dangerous, and if ingested, it will cause serious liver damage and cannot be treated.

Conocybe Filaris usually grows on lawns and is native to the Pacific region, the northwestern United States. This fungus contains amatoxin which is especially dangerous, and if ingested, it will cause serious liver damage and cannot be treated.

Number 6. Mushroom Webcap
Webcap mushrooms, are extremely poisonous mushrooms, just eating a small amount is enough to cause death. If lucky to escape death, the person infected with a lifetime of dialysis or a kidney transplant.

Webcap mushrooms contain orellanine, a very powerful toxin so far there is no effective antidote.

Number 7. Autumn cap mushroom
Autumn Skullcap contains the poison amatoxin, which causes permanent liver damage, leading to painful deaths.

Autumn Skullcap, Galerina marginata, often grows on dead trees all over the world. Like many other poisonous mushrooms, the skull hat mushroom looks like a harmless mushroom, causing many people to be confused. The fungus contains amatoxin, which causes permanent liver damage, leading to painful deaths.

Number 8. False Morel Mushroom
False Morel mushroom, eat it raw, you will die. But if properly cooked, this mushroom tastes great.

False Morel mushroom, Gyromitra esculenta scientific name, has a shape like human brain. This is one of the fairly popular dishes in Scandinavia and Eastern Europe. False Morel mushrooms are quite special. If you eat it raw, you will die. But if properly cooked, this mushroom tastes great.

False Morel mushroom has a strange shape like a brain with many folds. “Despite the odd shape, but know how to cook and do it right will turn into delicious food,” said Kim McCullough, a chef and owner of Inari restaurant in Finland.

False Morel mushroom has a strange shape like a brain with many folds. “Despite the odd shape, but know how to cook and do it right will turn into delicious food,” said Kim McCullough, a chef and owner of Inari restaurant in Finland.

In Finland, to enjoy this poisonous mushroom must undergo a rigorous processing process to detoxify. The government of this country also stipulates very clearly in the process of handling the poisonous fungus.

After the toxin is removed, only the aroma remains like chestnut and the characteristic aroma of wild mushrooms. And despite all the steps, gyromitrin poison can remain inside and accumulate in the body over time, so experts still recommend that diners should not eat as often.

The poison in the fungus is gyromitrin, when entering the human body, it will transform into monomethylhydrazine (MMH). The aforementioned toxin mainly affects the liver, sometimes affecting the nervous system and kidneys. People infected with poisoning have common symptoms such as diarrhea, vomiting, dizziness, headache. In the worst case, the person who is poisoned will be in a deep coma and die after a week.

Number 9. The angelic fungus of destruction
Destroying Angels is a very poisonous mushroom capable of completely destroying the human body with amatoxin.

Destroying Angels is a very poisonous mushroom capable of completely destroying the human body with toxin amatoxin. Initial symptoms after ingestion of the fungus include: cramps, delirium, convulsions, vomiting and diarrhea. Amatoxin causes permanent damage to the kidneys and liver tissue. The only way to save people from poisoning is a liver transplant.

Number 10. Death hat mushroom
The death cap mushroom, only 30 g of amatoxin (equivalent to half a mushroom) is enough to kill an adult.

After heavy rains, a species of fungus is exploding across California states in America. They are quite large, pale in color, looking very safe for people to see. In fact, this mushroom tastes quite good when cooked up.

For one thing, that appearance completely conceals the true inner nature, for it is the “death hat” – or amanita phalloides – one of the most dangerous fungi in the world.

Death Cap, scientific name Amanita phalloides, is the culprit in most deaths from accidental eating of mushrooms or intentional poisoning. This fungus is related to the death of Roman emperor Claudius, a Russian pope and czar. The death cap mushroom is native to Europe, often growing underneath oak trees in the woods. It looks like many edible mushrooms, causing confusion.

The poisonous agent of the fungus is α-amanitin (amatoxin), which damages the liver and kidneys to the point of being irreversible. It is estimated that just 30 g of amatoxin (equivalent to half of a mushroom) is enough to kill an adult. The death capsules’ toxicity does not change, even when cooked, dried or frozen.

There is currently no complete cure if unfortunately hit by poison. So, if you happen to see this fungus, stay away from it before it’s too late.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *